Thursday, May 01, 2008

May Day or Dax Day?

I've been thinking a lot about dogs lately. I tend to think a lot in general, it's a habit I picked up around the same time I started eating. It's hard to not think about dogs living where I live because they're everywhere up here in Oregon. There seems to be two dogs to every person. It's like I'm in South America all over again, except the dogs here are on leashes, none of them are malnourished, and, for the most part, appear petable because they're not losing their hair to some flesh eating disease.

I too had a dog once, her name was Dax and today is her birthday. This illustration is typical for any walk we would ever go on.


She was a good dog and I would say we were good friends too. Some compared us to Scooby and Shaggy, except Dax never spoke English, I don't eat dog treats, solve crimes, or have bad posture. So, we really weren't anything like Scooby and Shaggy, I don't know where people got that idea.

Today I give a shout-out to Dax even though shout-outs are number 5 on my top 5 things that I hate. Right after people who lick their fingers to turn pages in books. I'll tell you what the top three are later, I haven't quite figured those out yet, I just put these lower on the list since I'm sure there are things I hate worse than those. But here's a shout-out to Dax even though you're gone, you can't read, and you don't have internet access. I love you Dirl.

No comments: